Health Care Aide Posted on Apr 10, 2018 by POINTS WEST LIVING SLAVE LAKE
Location Slave Lake, AB
Earnings $19.82 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 37.5 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2 Vacancies
Closing Date May 10, 2018
POINTS WEST LIVING SLAVE LAKE
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 3 months to less than 1 year
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
- Health Care Aide Certificate
- Nursing Aide Certificate
Experience an asset
- Serve meal trays and feed patients
- Make beds and maintain patients' rooms
- Supply and empty bed pans
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, cleaning or sterilizing equipment, maintaining and repairing equipment, and assembling, setting-up and operating job-related equipment
- Deliver messages, reports, requisitions and specimens between departments
More than 45 kg (100 lbs)
Nursing home/home for the aged
- Administer suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas
- Transport patients in wheelchair or stretcher
- Take patients' blood pressure, temperature and pulse
- Supervise patients' exercise routines
- Bathe, dress and groom patients
- Answer call signals
- Weigh, lift, turn and position patients
- Administer first aid in emergency situations
- Accompany patients on outside recreational activities and perform other duties related to patient care and comfort
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
#105, 6TH AVENUE NE
SLAVE LAKE, Alberta T0G2A2
May 10, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in assisting hospital staff by carrying messages, reports, requisitions and specimens from one department to another; in providing comfort to patients by answering call signals, making beds and maintaining patients' rooms; in assisting patients with menu selection; and in setting-up and providing leisure activities for patients, and accompanying patients on outside recreational activities
Interest in copying routine procedures to provide basic patient care, supervise patients' exercise routines, transport patients in wheelchairs and stretchers, and supply and empty bed pans; in maintaining inventory of supplies; in reporting or recording fluid intake or output; and in observing or monitoring patients' status and document patient care on charts
Interest in operating medical equipment to take blood pressure, temperature and pulse; in collecting specimens such as urine, faeces and sputum; in administering suppositories, colonic irrigations and enemas; and in performing other procedures as directed by nursing and hospital staff; may perform maintenance tasks such as assist with the set-up and maintenance of traction equipment, clean or sterilize equipment, maintain and repair equipment and assemble, set-up and operate equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.