Hydrovac Truck Operator Posted on Mar 02, 2018 by Fast Labour Solutions (Edmonton) Ltd.
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $25.00 to $28.00 hourly
Work Hours 50 to 84 hours per week
Position Seasonal Full Time
Vacancies 5 Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 01, 2018
Fast Labour Solutions (Edmonton) Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
- Driver's License (Class 3 or D)
- Driver's License (Class 1 or A)
- Class 1/1F/A Licence (semi trailer trucks)
- Class 3/3F/DF Licence (trailer truck, vehicles with more than 3 axles)
- Working at heights training
- Air Brakes Endorsement
- Accident or incident reports
- Trip reports
- Maintenance and repair reports
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
- Dangerous goods occurrence reports
- Driver logbook
- Bill of lading
1 year to less than 2 years
Professionalism in customer service
- Transport and handle dangerous goods
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Criminal record check
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Valid driver's licence
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Large workload
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
Willing to relocate
Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Straight truck (4,600kg+ or 10,000lbs+ with 3+ axles)
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
160 6325 Gateway Blvd.
Edmonton, Alberta T6H5H6
Apr 01, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying to record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in log books or on on-board computers, and to obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes; and in performing pre-trip inspections of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes, and cold storage
Interest in driving straight and articulated trucks to transport goods and materials; may drive as part of a two-person team or convoy, and may transport hazardous products and dangerous goods
Interest in speaking to communicate with dispatchers and other drivers using citizens' band (CB) radios, cellular telephones and on-board computers; and in overseeing all aspects and functions of vehicle such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading, and safety and security of cargo
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.