Insulator Posted on Dec 27, 2017 by TSI Insulation Ltd.
Location Acheson, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $38.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 5 Vacancies
Closing Date Jan 26, 2018
TSI Insulation Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma or equivalent experience
Major Work Area
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
- Driver's License
- Construction Safety Training Systems (CSTS) Certificate
- Fall Arrest Protection Training Course
Experience an asset
- Supervise other workers
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
Area of Specialization
- Industrial noise control
- Custom fabrication and layout
Types of Systems
- Ventilation and exhaust
- Vessels and boilers
- Towers and heat exchangers
- Steam and condensate process lines
- Plumbing, cold water and drain lines
- Hot water system and equipment
- Select type of insulation required
- Fit insulation around obstructions and between joists and studs
- Fabricate and apply removable insulation pads and covers
- Brush waterproofing cement or other material over insulating materials
- Measure and cut insulating materials to required shape and dimensions using hand and power tools
- Apply and secure insulation using spraying, blowing, pasting, strapping, taping and other application and installation methods
- Install vapour barriers and fire-retardant materials
Security and Safety
Driver's validity licence check
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
27392 Ellis Road
Acheson, Alberta T7X6N3
Jan 26, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to apply waterproofing cement over insulating materials to finish surfaces, and to install vapour barriers
Interest in operating hand and power tools to measure and cut insulating materials to required dimensions
Interest in fitting insulation around obstructions and between studs and joints
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation. It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.