Journeyman/Woman Carpenter Posted on Nov 16, 2017 by Triangle Enterprises Ltd.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $33.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 16, 2017
Triangle Enterprises Ltd.
Registered Apprenticeship certificate or equivalent experience
Major Work Area
5 years or more
- Schedule and co-ordinate work on sites
- Instruct apprentices
- Fit and install windows, doors, stairs, mouldings and hardware
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
Security and Safety
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
Work Site Environment
- At heights
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Ability to Supervise
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
- Values and ethics
How to Apply
Dec 16, 2017
Interest in precision working to prepare layouts that conform to building codes using measuring tools
Interest in speaking to apprentices and other construction workers to supervise their activities
Interest in compiling information to build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation. It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.