Journeyman/Woman Machinist Posted on Feb 09, 2018 by Endeavor Machining Solutions Inc.
Location Lloydminster, AB
Earnings $26.00 to $37.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2 Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 11, 2018
Endeavor Machining Solutions Inc.
Registered Apprenticeship certificate or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 4th Period Apprentice
- 2nd Period Apprentice
- 3rd Period Apprentice
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Machinist Trade Certification
- Tool and Die Maker Red Seal Certificate
- Machinist Red Seal Endorsment
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Universal grinders
- Surface grinders
- Milling machines
- Engine lathes
- Drill presses
- Cylindrical grinders
- Computer numerical control (CNC) machines
- Automatic lathes
- Sawing machine
5 years or more
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Maintain, repair and calibrate precision measuring instruments
- Read and interpret engineering drawings, blueprints, charts and tables
- Document and report deviations from specifications and tolerances
- Maintain inspection records and complete inspection reports
- Verify dimensions of parts machined using precise measuring instruments (e.g., micrometers, calipers)
- Set up and adjust production machineries/tools
- Compute dimensions and tolerances and measure and lay out work pieces
- Set up, operate and maintain a variety of conventional and computer numerically controlled (CNC) machine tools
- Verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
- Public transportation is not available
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Mar 11, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in setting up and programming machine tools for use by machining tool operators when required
Interest in performing precision machining operations such as sawing, turning, milling, boring, planing, drilling, precision grinding and other operations, and in planning best sequence of operations
Interest in compiling information to verify dimensions of products for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.