Layout Marker - Cabinetmaking Posted on Sep 06, 2017 by Alberta Custom Kitchens Ltd
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $16.00 to $20.00 hourly
Work Hours 30 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2 Vacancies
Closing Date Dec 31, 2017
Alberta Custom Kitchens Ltd
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 year to less than 2 years
- Instruct apprentices
- Estimate costs and materials
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
Area of Specialization
Custom cabinet shop
- Study plans, specifications or drawings of articles to be made, or prepare specifications
- Operate woodworking machines and use hand tools to cut, shape and form parts and components
- Trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit and reinforce joints
- Repair or restyle wooden furniture, fixtures and related products
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
10008 29 A Ave NW 1
Edmonton, Alberta T6N1A8
Dec 31, 2017
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to trim joints and fit parts and subassemblies together to form complete units using glue and clamps, and to reinforce joints using nails, screws and other fasteners
Interest in marking outlines for dimensions of parts on wood
Interest in compiling information to repair and restyle wood furniture, fixtures and related products
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation. It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.