Live-In Caregiver - Persons With Disabilities Posted on Feb 15, 2018 by BALWINDER GILL
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $17.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Apr 13, 2018
Other trades certificate or diploma or equivalent experience
7 months to less than 1 year
- Shop for food and household supplies
- Provide personal care
- Prepare and serve nutritious meals
- Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties
- Mend clothing and linens
- Launder clothing and household linens
- Assume full responsibility for household (in absence of householder)
- Assist clients in water (i.e. pool)
- Administer bedside and personal care
- Feed or assist in feeding
- Administer medications
- Assist in regular exercise, e.g., walk
- Assist clients with bathing and other aspects of personal hygiene
How to Apply
2406 35A AVE NW
EDMONTON, Alberta T6T1W1
Apr 13, 2018
Interest in serving - assisting clients by administering bedside and personal care such as aid in walking, bathing, personal hygiene and dressing and undressing; by feeding or assisting in feeding clients; and in demonstrating infant care to new parents
Interest in compiling information to maintain client files and plan meals and special diets
Interest in handling the preparation of meals and special diets; may perform routine housekeeping duties such as laundry, washing dishes and making beds; may perform routine health-related duties such as change non-sterile dressings, administer medications and collect specimens under the direction of a home-care agency supervisor or nurse
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.