Logistics Supervisor - Transportation Posted on Feb 28, 2018 by EIFFEL TRANSPORT LTD.
Location Airdrie, AB
Earnings $27.15 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 44 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Mar 30, 2018
EIFFEL TRANSPORT LTD.
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience an asset
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- Transportation route and crew schedulers
- Dispatchers and radio operators
- Resolve work related problems
- Prepare and submit reports
- Establish work schedules and procedures
- Conduct performance reviews
- Co-ordinate, assign and review work
- Plan, organize and oversee operational logistics of the organization
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
How to Apply
Mar 30, 2018
Interest in co-ordinating the work of clerks and activities with other units and departments; and in submitting progress reports, ensuring the smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arranging for maintenance and repair work
Interest in supervising the activities of workers; and in resolving work-related problems and establishing work schedules and procedures
Interest in training workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.