Long Haul Truck Driver Posted on Jan 31, 2018 by Gonni Holdings Ltd.
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $26.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 8 Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 02, 2018
Gonni Holdings Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Driver's License (Class 1 or A)
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Accident or incident reports
- Trip reports
- Trans-border documentation
- Maintenance and repair reports
- Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
- Driver logbook
- Bill of lading
Experience an asset
Communication Systems Experience
Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Pay and receive payments for goods
- Load and unload goods
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks to transport goods and materials
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
- Drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Drug test
- Criminal record check
- Willing to travel cross-border
- Willing to travel for extended periods
- Willing to travel overnight
- Valid driver's licence
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Large workload
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
7130 68 Avenue
Edmonton, Alberta T6B0A1
Mar 02, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying to record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in log books or on on-board computers, and to obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes; and in performing pre-trip inspections of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes, and cold storage
Interest in driving straight and articulated trucks to transport goods and materials; may drive as part of a two-person team or convoy, and may transport hazardous products and dangerous goods
Interest in speaking to communicate with dispatchers and other drivers using citizens' band (CB) radios, cellular telephones and on-board computers; and in overseeing all aspects and functions of vehicle such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading, and safety and security of cargo
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.