Manager, Greenhouse Posted on Mar 20, 2018 by Smoky Lake Forest Nursery Ltd.
Location Smoky Lake, AB
Earnings $60,000.00 to $60,000.00 annually
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Apr 19, 2018
Smoky Lake Forest Nursery Ltd.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- First Aid Certificate
- Chemical application certificate or licence
- Forklift Operator Certification
5 years or more
Type of Product
- Ornamental trees and shrubs
- Fruit trees
- Berry bushes
- Coniferous trees
- Deciduous trees
- Native plants
- Organize and direct greenhouse and nursery operations
- Establish and maintain required environment
- Establish work schedules
- Develop marketing plans
- Determine type and quantity of stock to grow
- Hire, train and supervise staff
- Supervise staff in planting, transplanting, feeding and spraying
- Identify and control insect, disease and weed problems
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Criminal record check
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Valid driver's licence
- Drive manual transmission vehicle
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Large workload
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Ability to Supervise
- More than 20 people
- Staff in various areas of responsibility
- 16-20 people
Work Location Information
Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Apr 19, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising staff in planting, transplanting, feeding and spraying stock; and in hiring staff and overseeing training, in setting work schedules and in determining types and quantities of stock
Interest in co-ordinating information to organize nursery and greenhouse operations; and in ordering materials such as fertilizer, garden and lawn care equipment, and other nursery and greenhouse accessories
Interest in providing information to customers on gardening and the care of trees, shrubs, flowers, plants and lawns
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.