Parts Clerk Posted on Jan 12, 2018 by ICE Western Sales Ltd.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $22.00 to $27.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Jan 26, 2018
ICE Western Sales Ltd.
Other trades certificate or diploma or equivalent experience
2 years to less than 3 years
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Inventory control software
- MS Office
- Perform routine clerical duties
- Answer telephone and relay telephone calls and messages
- Perform general office duties
- Set-up displays of retail parts and accessories
- Conduct sales calls
- Clean and maintain office, supply area or warehouse
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Advise on use and appropriateness of goods or parts
- Address customers' complaints or concerns
- Store items in warehouse, tool room or supply area
- Sell spare and replacement parts
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish parts and supplies
- Maintain records on inventory control system
- Issue and distribute parts and supplies for internal use
- Receive, unpack and sort incoming parts, supplies and materials
- Identify, label and catalogue items received
- Prepare and track work orders
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Basic security clearance
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Own vehicle
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Manufacturing equipment
- Electrical products
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Client focus
- Values and ethics
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Jan 26, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to prepare requisition orders for parts and supplies, and to maintain records of orders and amount, kind and location of parts and supplies on hand
Interest in operating computerized inventory systems; and in keeping records using manual systems
Interest in speaking with customers to sell spare and replacement parts for motor vehicles, machinery and equipment in retail settings and to advise retail customers and internal users on appropriateness of parts, supplies and materials requested
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation. It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.