Parts Technician Posted on Feb 05, 2018 by National Motor Coach Systems Ltd.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $20.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Mar 16, 2018
National Motor Coach Systems Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Industrial lift trucks and fork-lifts
- Pallet lifters
2 years to less than 3 years
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- Inventory control software
- Perform general office duties
- Clean and maintain office, supply area or warehouse
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Repair and service establishment
- Advise on use and appropriateness of goods or parts
- Store items in warehouse, tool room or supply area
- Process incoming requisitions
- Prepare requisition orders to replenish parts and supplies
- Maintain records on inventory control system
- Issue and distribute parts and supplies for internal use
- Receive, unpack and sort incoming parts, supplies and materials
- Identify, label and catalogue items received
- Ship, deliver or pick up parts, products or equipment
- Prepare and track work orders
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Criminal record check
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
- Recreation vehicle
- Small engines and generators
- Heavy equipment
- Heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) system
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Values and ethics
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Mar 16, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to prepare requisition orders for parts and supplies, and to maintain records of orders and amount, kind and location of parts and supplies on hand
Interest in operating computerized inventory systems; and in keeping records using manual systems
Interest in speaking with customers to sell spare and replacement parts for motor vehicles, machinery and equipment in retail settings and to advise retail customers and internal users on appropriateness of parts, supplies and materials requested
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.