Plasterer Posted on Sep 29, 2017 by Build 360
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $35.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 20, 2017
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
5 years or more
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Overtime required
Ability to Supervise
1 to 2 people
Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Various locations
- Team player
Plasterer Specific Skills
- Mix plaster ingredients to desired consistency
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
Drywall Installer and Finisher Specific Skills
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 20, 2017
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to mix plaster ingredients in troughs to desired consistency
Interest in precision working to finish corners and angles
Interest in producing decorative surfaces and in creating decorative textures and designs as required
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation. It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.