Plasterer Posted on Feb 27, 2018 by KAMTILE LTD
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $26.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3 Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 29, 2018
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
7 months to less than 1 year
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Estimate costs and materials
Up to 45 kg (100 lbs)
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Manual dexterity
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Overtime required
- Client focus
Plasterer Specific Skills
- Spray acoustic or texture materials over walls and ceilings
- Mix plaster ingredients to desired consistency
- Clean and prepare surfaces
- Apply, level and smooth coats of plaster
- Finish corners and angles and create decorative designs in finish coat, if required
- Mould and install ornamental plaster panels, cornices and trim
Drywall Installer and Finisher Specific Skills
- Measure, cut, fit and install drywall sheets
- Cut and install metal corner beads to protect exterior corners
- Fill joints, nail indentations, holes and cracks with joint compound using trowel and broad knife
- Tape over joints using taping machine and embed tape in compound
- Fabricate and install suspended metal ceiling grids and place in panels to form acoustical and coffered ceilings
- Smooth out excess compound and allow coat to dry
- Apply successive coats of compound and sand seams and joints
- Position and secure sheets to metal or wooden studs or joists
Lather Specific Skills
- Cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets
- Prepare wall and ceiling layouts
- Install corner beads and wire mesh around beams to which plaster is to be applied
- Install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboard or lath
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
244 Chaparral Valley Mews
Calgary, Alberta T2X0V9
Mar 29, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in copying information to attach metal and gypsum lath to studs and furring using nails, screws, clips and wire ties
Interest in precision working to cut openings in lath for heating and ventilation piping, ducts and electrical outlets; may install acoustic tile, hangers for suspended ceilings and metal studs for composition wallboards and laths
Interest in installing corner beads and wire mesh around beams for plastering
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.