Plumber Posted on Nov 20, 2017 by Quicker Rooter Plumbing
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $18.00 to $38.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Dec 29, 2017
Quicker Rooter Plumbing
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- 2nd Period Apprentice
- 3rd Period Apprentice
- Driver's License (Class 3 or D)
Experience an asset
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Valid driver's licence
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Dec 29, 2017
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to measure, cut, bend and thread pipes using machines and hand and power tools
Interest in compiling information to repair plumbing fixtures and systems, and to test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
Interest in speaking - signalling to locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation. It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.