Service Rig Roughneck - Oil Field Services Posted on Jan 08, 2018 by Global Well Servicing Ltd.
Location Drayton Valley, AB
Earnings $29.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 10 Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 26, 2018
Global Well Servicing Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Field Work Location Experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Standard First Aid Certificate
- Pre-employment Floorhand (Service Rigs) course
- Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
- Driver's License (Class 3 or D)
- Air Brake (Z) Endorsement
- Electronic general safety orientation¿(EGSO)
Experience an asset
Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Drilling and well service contractor
- Manipulate sections of pipes or drill stems at rig floor during drilling and during removal and replacement of pipes, drill stems and drill bits
- Handle, sort and move drill pipes, tools, cement and other materials
- Drive trucks to transport materials and well service equipment
- Clean up rig areas
- Assist in setting up, taking down and transporting drilling and service rigs and service equipment
- Assist other workers to maintain drilling equipment on drill floor
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Medical exam
- Drug test
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces
- At heights
- Own transportation
- Willing to travel
- Willing to travel regularly
- Willing to travel for extended periods
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Large workload
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Staff accommodation provided
- Remote location
- Various locations
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Apr 26, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in comparing information to handle, sort and move drill tools, pipes, cement and other materials, and to clean up rig areas; may drive trucks to transport materials and well service equipment
Interest in operating equipment to manipulate sections of pipes and drill stems at rig floors during drilling and for removal and replacement of strings of pipes, drill stems and bits
Interest in maintaining drilling equipment on drill floors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.