Shipper-Receiver Posted on Nov 24, 2017 by SMART FIREWOOD PRODUCTS LTD
Location Leduc, AB
Earnings $18.75 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2 Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 15, 2018
SMART FIREWOOD PRODUCTS LTD
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Unpack goods received
- Supervise material handlers and helpers
- Schedule distribution of goods
- Schedule transportation conveyances
- Prepare bills of lading, invoices and other shipping documents
- Pay and receive payments for goods
- Pack goods to be shipped
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods
- Maintain internal record-keeping system
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents
- Determine method of shipment
- Assemble containers and crates
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
PO BOX 5448
LEDUC, Alberta T9E6L7
Mar 15, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in compiling information to maintain internal manual or computerized record-keeping systems; and in coding goods
Interest in operating computers to keep records; and in unpacking and routing goods to appropriate storage areas; may operate fork lifts, hand trucks and other equipment to load, unload, transport and store goods
Interest in overseeing loading and unloading of goods from trucks and other conveyances
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.