Software Engineer Posted on Jan 02, 2018 by Granify
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $80,000.00 to $130,000.00 annually
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2 Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 01, 2018
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
5 years or more
- Collect and document user's requirements and develop logical and physical specifications
- Research, evaluate and synthesize technical information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
- Develop data, process and network models to optimize architecture and to evaluate the performance and reliability of designs
- Plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
- Lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems, process control software and other embedded software control systems
- Object-Oriented programming languages
- Ruby on Rails
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Tight deadlines
Work Location Information
Willing to relocate
Computer and Technology Knowledge
- Networking software
- Programming software
- HTML editing software
- Programming languages
- Software development
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 01, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in synthesizing information to design, develop and test computer-based systems
Interest in precision working to assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for operating systems, communications environments and applications software
Interest in consulting to plan, design and co-ordinate the development, installation, integration and operation of computer-based systems; may lead and co-ordinate teams of information systems professionals in the development of software and integrated information systems
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation. It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.