Store Manager - Retail Posted on Dec 18, 2017 by Mac's Convenience Store
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $32.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2 Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 14, 2018
Mac's Convenience Store
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
7 months to less than 1 year
- Implement price and credits policies
- Develop and implement marketing strategies
- Determine merchandise and services to be sold
- Determine staffing requirements
- Manage staff and assign duties
- Study market research and trends to determine consumer demand, potential sales volumes and effect of competitors' operations on sales
- Locate, select and procure merchandise for resale
- Plan budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
- Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages
- Recruit, hire and supervise staff and/or volunteers
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
How to Apply
8118, 120 Avenue NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5B4T5
Mar 14, 2018
Interest in co-ordinating information to direct and evaluate the operation of establishments and departments engaged in retail sales, authorize budget expenditures, determine staffing requirements, hire or oversee the hiring of staff and to manage staff and assign duties
Interest in locating, selecting and procuring merchandise for resale and in implementing pricing and credit policies
Interest in negotiating with members of working groups to develop and implement marketing strategies
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.