Structural Ironworker Posted on Feb 06, 2018 by RIMK INDUSTRIES INC.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $25.00 to $35.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 4 Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 21, 2018
RIMK INDUSTRIES INC.
Registered Apprenticeship certificate
Major Work Area
- New construction (Not pre-engineered)
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Ironworker Red Seal Certificate
- Ironworker Trade Certification
- Workplace Safety and Insurance Board¿(WSIB) clearance Certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Perform job-site calculations
Area of Specialization
- Erect structural steel
- Assemble and erect metal buildings
- Gas metal ARC (GMAW) (MIG)
- Signal crane operators to position units according to blueprints
- Inspect or test structures and equipment for deterioration, defects or failure to comply with specifications or regulations
- Erect and install scaffolding, falsework and other working platforms
- Align, weld or bolt units in place
- Unload and position steel units so each piece can be hoisted as needed
- Position and secure steel bars or metal mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete structures
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Drug test
- Criminal record check
- Basic security clearance
- Safety equipment/gear
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Hard hat
- Safety glasses/goggles
- Safety harness
Work Site Environment
- At heights
- Own transportation
- Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Feb 21, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in precision working to align, weld and bolt steel units into place, and to position and secure steel bars and metal mesh in concrete forms to reinforce concrete structures
Interest in signalling crane operators to position steel units according to blueprints; and in examining structures and equipment for deterioration, defects, or non-compliance with specifications
Interest in compiling information to install ornamental and structural metalwork such as curtain walls, metal stairways, railings and power doors
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.