Supervisor, Automotive Repair And Service Shop Posted on Apr 13, 2018 by Polar Mobility Research Ltd.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $20.00 to $30.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 50 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date May 13, 2018
Polar Mobility Research Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Major Work Area
3 years to less than 5 years
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel
- MS Windows
- MS Word
- Database software
- MS Outlook
- Private sector
- Retail/wholesale establishment/distribution centre
- Address customers' complaints or concerns
- Access and process information
- Supervise workers and projects
- Sell merchandise
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Receive credit and employment applications
- Receive payments
- Maintain records and statistics
- Issue receipts and other forms
- Explain the type and cost of services offered
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other work units
- Arrange for billing for services
- Arrange for refunds and credits
- Answer inquiries and provide information to customers
- Perform general office duties
- Receive and log complaints
- Co-ordinate and schedule activities
- Order office supplies and maintain inventory
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Tight deadlines
- Overtime required
Work Location Information
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 13, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising the activities of workers who repair and maintain aircraft, railway locomotives and cars, industrial machinery and equipment, construction and other heavy equipment, textile equipment, printing machines, transformers and other electrical equipment, motor vehicles, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment, electric appliances and other equipment such as motorcycles, outboard motors and snowmobiles; and in ensuring that standards for safe working conditions are observed; may supervise the activities of related workers
Interest in co-ordinating and scheduling the activities of workers in the mechanical trades; and in resolving problems; may co-ordinate and schedule the activities of apprentices, helpers and labourers
Interest in understanding the functioning of equipment and machinery and production procedures used in mechanical trades
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.