Supervisor, Janitors Posted on Apr 13, 2018 by Quintal Contracting Ltd
Location Conklin, AB
Earnings $19.00 to $24.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 80 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3 Vacancies
Closing Date May 04, 2018
Quintal Contracting Ltd
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Occupational Health and Safety Certificate
- Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- Leadership for safety excellence course
2 years to less than 3 years
Hire and train or arrange for training of cleaning staff
Light duty cleaners
- Inspect sites or facilities to ensure safety and cleanliness standards
- Assist cleaners in performing duties
- Supervise and co-ordinate activities of workers
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Ability to Supervise
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Client focus
How to Apply
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
May 04, 2018
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in co-ordinating information to prepare work schedules and co-ordinate activities with those of other departments; and in inspecting sites and facilities to ensure that they meet established safety and cleanliness standards
Interest in supervising the activities of workers; and in recommending and arranging for additional services such as painting, repair work, renovations and replacement of furnishings and equipment
Interest in hiring and training staff; may perform certain cleaning duties
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.