Supervisor, Well Services Crew - Oil Field Services Posted on Jul 05, 2018 by Blueline Energy Group Ltd.
Location Grande Prairie, AB
Earnings $27.08 to $33.33 hourly
Work Hours 24 to 86.66 hours bi-weekly
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 15 Vacancies
Closing Date Sep 09, 2018
Blueline Energy Group Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Hydrogen Sulphide Awareness (H2S) Certificate
- First Aid Certificate
- CPR Certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Oil and gas well drilling workers and services operators
- Oil and gas well drilling, servicing and related labourers
- Set up machines and equipment
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions
- Prepare and submit reports
- Oversee safety of operations
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other work units
- Train staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule (and possibly review) activities of workers
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
Security and Safety
- Driver's validity licence check
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Medical exam
- Drug test
Steel-toed safety boots
Work Site Environment
- Own transportation
- Own vehicle
- Vehicle supplied by employer
- Willing to travel
- Valid driver's licence
- Travel expenses paid by employer
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
- Staff in various areas of responsibility
- 3-4 people
- 5-10 people
- 11-15 people
- 16-20 people
Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate
- Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Team player
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
Important notice: This job posting has been provided by an external employer.The Government of Alberta and the Government of Canada are not responsible for the accuracy, authenticity or reliability of the content.
Interest in supervising the activities of workers who drill for oil and gas, operate service rigs and provide oil and gas well services; and in requisitioning materials and supplies
Interest in co-ordinating and scheduling the activities of workers; and in resolving work problems
Interest in understanding the functioning of equipment and machinery used in oil and gas drilling and services; may set up machines and equipment
The interest code helps you figure out if you’d like to work in a particular occupation.
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.