Tilesetter Posted on Oct 30, 2017 by Lion Flooring Ltd.
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $26.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2 Vacancies
Closing Date Feb 27, 2018
Lion Flooring Ltd.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
3 years to less than 5 years
- Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
- Cut, surface, polish and install marble and granite
- Align and straighten tiles
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs
- Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces
- Install tile strips
Security and Safety
Criminal record check
Work Site Environment
Valid driver's licence
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Team player
How to Apply
17940 84 Street NW
Edmonton, Alberta T5Z0C7
Feb 27, 2018
Interest in precision working to cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings
Interest in compiling information to pack grout into joints between tiles and remove the excess; and in cutting, polishing and installing marble and granite
Interest in creating decorative designs and in removing and replacing damaged tiles
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.