Transportation Manager Posted on Nov 24, 2017 by Daya Transport Services
Location Duagh, AB
Earnings $43.30 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 1 Vacancy
Closing Date Feb 21, 2018
Daya Transport Services
3 years to less than 5 years
- Oversee the setting of transportation service rates and monitor revenue
- Establish and implement policies and standards for the transportation and storage of goods
- Oversee the scheduling and dispatching of vehicles and goods
- Monitor company's or department's performance, prepare reports for senior management, and plan for changes to schedules and policies
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
How to Apply
Feb 21, 2018
Interest in co-ordinating information to direct, control and evaluate the operations of transportation companies, and to determine safety procedures for the handling of dangerous goods; and in overseeing dispatch of vehicles, vessels or aircraft and in recruiting personnel and overseeing their training
Interest in monitoring company and departmental performance, in planning changes to schedules and policies and in ensuring that company procedures comply with transport regulations
Interest in negotiating with personnel and senior management to change schedules and policies
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.