Truck Driver Posted on Dec 10, 2017 by Canadian Flatbeds Ltd.
Location Calgary, AB
Earnings $25.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 to 60 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2 Vacancies
Closing Date Mar 08, 2018
Canadian Flatbeds Ltd.
No degree, certificate or diploma
7 months to less than 1 year
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Pay and receive payments for goods
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Tarping and ensuring safety and security of cargo
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storage and other equipment
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
How to Apply
Manila Rd SE, Alberta T2G4B7
Mar 08, 2018
Interest in copying to record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in log books or on on-board computers, and to obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes; and in performing pre-trip inspections of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes, and cold storage
Interest in driving straight and articulated trucks to transport goods and materials; may drive as part of a two-person team or convoy, and may transport hazardous products and dangerous goods
Interest in speaking to communicate with dispatchers and other drivers using citizens' band (CB) radios, cellular telephones and on-board computers; and in overseeing all aspects and functions of vehicle such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading, and safety and security of cargo
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.