Veterinarian Posted on Feb 07, 2018 by Edmonton West Animal Hospital
Location Edmonton, AB
Earnings $84,000.00 annually
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 2 Vacancies
Closing Date May 09, 2018
Edmonton West Animal Hospital
Degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or optometry
Experience an asset
- Treat sick or injured animals by prescribing medication, setting bones, dressing wounds or performing surgery
- Diagnose diseases or abnormal conditions in individual animals, herds and flocks through physical examinations or laboratory tests
- Vaccinate animals to prevent and treat diseases
- Advise clients on feeding, housing, behaviour, breeding, hygiene and general care of animals
- Provide a range of veterinary services including obstetrics, dentistry and euthanasia
- Perform routine, emergency and post-mortem examinations
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
How to Apply
May 09, 2018
Interest in co-ordinating information to diagnose and treat sick and injured animals, and to prescribe medications; may conduct veterinary research, co-ordinate the operations of animal hospitals, clinics and mobile services to farms, and may enforce government regulations in disease control and food production including animal and animal-based food inspection
Interest in precision working with scientific instruments and medical equipment to diagnose diseases and perform surgery
Interest in mentoring by treating sick and injured animals, by advising clients on proper care of animals and by providing euthanasia services
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.