Wood Floor Installer Posted on Jan 15, 2018 by Nitco Group Canada Inc.
Location Leduc, AB
Earnings $26.00 hourly
Work Hours 40 hours per week
Position Permanent Full Time
Vacancies 3 Vacancies
Closing Date Apr 11, 2018
Nitco Group Canada Inc.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications
- Estimate costs and materials
- Remove existing floor coverings and contaminants
- Prepare floors for installations
- Prepare and install hardwood floors
- Measure, cut and fasten underlay and underpadding
- Measure, cut and install resilient floor coverings
- Conduct moisture, ph, temperature and other tests prior to flooring installations
- Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings
- Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
Work Site Environment
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
Work Location Information
On-site customer service
How to Apply
122 Caledonia Drive
Leduc, Alberta T9E0E5
Apr 11, 2018
Interest in computing to estimate costs for material and labour
Interest in operating hand and machine stitchers, staple guns and seaming irons and in using bonding tape and bonding materials to install carpeting; and in operating power stretchers and other devices to stretch carpeting
Interest in speaking with customers and other workers to inspect and repair damaged floor coverings and to inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered
It’s based on the Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI), which measures 5 occupational interests: Directive, Innovative, Methodical, Objective and Social.
Each set of 3 interest codes is listed in order of importance.
A code in capital letters means it’s a strong fit for the occupation.
A code in all lowercase letters means the fit is weaker.