When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Electrical Engineering Technology Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma
Red Deer Collegewww.rdc.ab.ca
Red Deer College (RDC) is a comprehensive community college serving more than 7,500 credit students, 3,000 Apprentices and 13,000 Continuing Education students. Award-winning programs and athletic teams along with affordable tuition and small class size make RDC a great choice for students. !SPAN>
RDC offers over 75 program options including certificates, diplomas, apprenticeship and industry training, university transfers, degree completion in education and nursing and applied degrees and graduate certificates. !SPAN>
Programs offered include administrative professional, business administration, early learning and childcare, educational assistant, electrical and mechanical engineering, international business, kinesiology and sport studies, medical laboratory assistant, music, legal assistant, occupational therapist and physiotherapist assistant, pharmacy technician, practical nurse, social work, theatre and visual art. !SPAN>
University transfer programs are available in arts, biological sciences, commerce, communications, earth sciences, education, engineering, forestry, French history, mathematics, nutrition, philosophy, pre-professional studies including chiropractic, dentistry, medicine, optometry, pharmacy and veterinary medicine.!SPAN>
Degree completion programs are offered in partnership with the University of Alberta and the University of Calgary at RDC for collaborative bachelor degree programs in education, nursing and social work.!SPAN>
Apprenticeship and trades training prepare students for a career in automotive, carpentry, cook, electrician, heavy equipment, instrumentation, locksmith, millwright, parts, plumbing, rig technician, sprinkler systems, steamfitter/pipefitter, water well driller and welding.!SPAN>!SPAN>
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
A minimum average of 65 per cent with no mark below 50 per cent in:
- ELA 30-1 or ELA 30-2 or equivalent
- Math 30-1 or equivalent
- Physics 20 or equivalent
- Two of Chemistry 30, Mathematics 31, Physics 30, Science 30 or Computer Science Advanced-Level CTS (5 credits) or equivalent
Note: !span>In addition to the program admission requirements applicants, whose first language is not English, must demonstrate English language proficiency.!div> !div> !div>
- Applicants are required to have a laptop computer that uses Microsoft Windows 7 as the operating system. Please contact the Chairperson for the minimum specifications.
- Applicants may be required to undergo a Criminal Records Check to the satisfaction of some agencies where they might be placed for practicum experiences. The existence of a Criminal Record may affect practicum placement and program completion; therefore impacting future employment prospects. The decision to accept or reject a student for placement or observation experience based on the results of the criminal record check would rest solely with the respective organization.
Students must pass all courses and achieve a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00!div> !div> !div>
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2020/08/01 to 2021/07/31*.
Tuition $5,284.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,149.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,052.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated May 13, 2016. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.