When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
General Arts and Science Indigenous Career Pathways
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
General Admission Requirements: All applicants must meet the general admission requirements for Lethbridge College programs, as indicated in the Admissions section of the calendar.
Academic Requirements: Prior to admission into one of the following diploma programs, students must meet specific diploma entrance requirements. Furthermore, because of the variety of diploma programs, students need to be aware of any specific academic and nonacademic diploma program requirements. Students should meet with a Career and Academic Advisor for additional information on academic and non-academic program requirements.
Additional diploma program academic requirements:
- Business Administration - Grade 12 math (equivalent to Alberta’s Math 30-2 or a higher-level math)
- Computer Information Technology - Grade 12 math (equivalent to Alberta’s Math 30-2 or a higher-level math)
- Environmental Assessment and Restoration - Grade 11 biology, Grade 11 chemistry, and Grade 12 math (equivalent to Alberta’s Math 30-2 or a higher-level math
- Natural Resource Compliance – Grade 11 biology, and Grade 12 math (equivalent to Alberta’s Math 30-2 or a higher-level math). Competitive program entry requirement.
- Renewable Resource Management - Grade 11 biology, Grade 11 chemistry, and Grade 12 math (equivalent to Alberta’s Math 30-2 or a higher-level math
Note: Applicants who lack the required academic admission requirements can apply to the College and University Preparatory Program to upgrade for your program.
Prior Learning Assessment (PLA): If you have experience working in this field of study, you may be eligible for Prior Learning Assessment.
Some courses are available through online delivery, as identified in the calendar by (OL) after the course title.
Students are accepted into the General Studies- Indigenous Career Pathways program for the Fall (September) term.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2020/08/01 to 2021/07/31*.
Tuition $2,526.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,100.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $825.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated January 31, 2021. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.