When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Southern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.sait.ca
The Geomatics Certificate of Achievement provides the fundamentals of surveying, mapping, collecting and analyzing data using Geographic Information Systems (GIS). This program is appropriate for surveyors and mappers in training, new graduates or working professionals interested in building a career in geomatics.
Upon completion of this certificate, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply concepts and techniques in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD)
- Create 2D drawings and 3D models using AutoCAD software
- Create and interpret topographical drawings using survey data
- Collect, mapping and analyze data using a Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Perform land surveying calculations and fieldwork
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Non-Credential *
Length 1 Year(s)
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education Only
- Distance Learning Available
* Certificate of Achievement
There are no requirements for admission. However, registration for all non-credit courses and certificate programs require a student account.
If you need a new student account:
- Go to the student login page
- Create an account as a new user*
To register for a continuing education course or certificate program of your choice:
- Log into your student account as an existing user from the student login page
- Go to the course or certificate program’s page and add it to your shopping cart**
- Click on the shopping cart icon and fill out the required registration form
- Make your payment to complete the registration
*Once you've set up your student account, you can log in as an existing user to make purchases, such as registering for courses and programs. Your account also provides access to your student profile, including enrolment history and course schedule. You'll receive further instructions on how to access mySAIT and Brightspace (D2L), as well as a Student ID number.
**If you are working toward a certificate, you must apply from the certificate program page. Your student record will be updated making it easier to monitor your progress, check your graduation requirements or transfer credits in the future. At the time of certificate completion, we will automatically audit your courses to ensure all requirements have been met.
Some courses are also available by distance delivery.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated July 29, 2021. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.