When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Southern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.sait.ca
The Geomatics Certificate of Achievement provides the fundamentals of surveying, mapping, collecting and analyzing data using Geographic Information Systems (GIS). This program is appropriate for surveyors and mappers in training, new graduates or working professionals interested in building a career in geomatics.
Upon completion of this certificate, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply concepts and techniques in Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD)
- Create 2D drawings and 3D models using AutoCAD software
- Create and interpret topographical drawings using survey data
- Collect, mapping and analyze data using a Geographic Information System (GIS)
- Perform land surveying calculations and fieldwork
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Non-Credential *
Length 1 Year(s)
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education Only
- Distance Learning Available
* Certificate of Achievement
Once you are ready to start taking courses toward a certificate, click apply now to have your courses tracked towards your Certificate of Completion. You should only apply for one certificate.
Some courses are also available by distance delivery.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated July 03, 2021. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.