When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Pre-Employment Automotive Service Technician
Northern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.nait.ca
The Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (NAIT) is a leading Canadian polytechnic, delivering education in science, technology and the environment; business; health and trades. With nearly 60,000 credit and non-credit students and a 95 per cent employer satisfaction rate, NAIT grads are essential to Alberta's prosperity. Known for hands-on, technology-based learning, NAIT engages with business and industry in applied research and innovation and provides corporate training around the world. Recognized as one of Alberta's top employers, NAIT provides outstanding returns on investment for its graduates, partners, the provincial government and the people of Alberta.!span>!span>!span>
Satellite Campuses or Offices!span>!span>!span>
Program Type Pre-Employment
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- Grade 11 English.
- Math 20-1, 20-2, or 20-3 or Pure Math 20 or Applied Math 20.
- Science 10. Two years of RAP (grades 10-12) are acceptable in lieu of the Science requirement.
- Successful completion of the entrance exam through Apprenticeship and Industry Training (AIT) can be used in lieu of the English, Math, and Science requirement.
- A valid Alberta Class 5 GDL driver's license or equivalent is required. The driver's license must be valid for the length of the program with an expiration date after the program end date.
- English Language Proficiency
Please see program page for additional requirements and considerations.
Transfer & Credit Options may be available, please see nait.ca for more information.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2020/08/01 to 2021/07/31*.
Tuition $2,231.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $505.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $450.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 19, 2019. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.