When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Special Education Assistant Diploma
Surrey, British Columbia, V3T 5X3, Canada
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 1 Year or Less
41 weeks, including an 8-week practicum
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
- Completion of grade 12 or equivalent, or mature student status*
- Completion of English 12 or equivalent
- Passing Stenberg College math examination or equivalent*
- Passing verbal test if English is an additional language or equivalent*
- Completion of a criminal record consent form under the Criminal Record Review Act
* Entrance requirements can be met with evidence of alternate assessments such as challenge exams, or acceptable standardized English equivalency tests as per the Stenberg College language proficiency chart. Evidence of post-secondary studies at an equivalent level where English was the first language is acceptable.
Online plus practicum
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated October 12, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.