Plan Your Career
Check out this list of Indigenous organizations that represent and serve Indigenous Peoples in Alberta.
The following organizations provide information for Indigenous Peoples:
- Aboriginal Multi-Media Society—communications society serving Aboriginal People nationwide
- Alberta Native Friendship Centres Association—culturally-based programs and services for urban Aboriginal People
- Assembly of First Nations—the national representative organization of the First Nations in Canada
- Confederacy of Treaty 6 First Nations—representing the First Nations of Treaty 6
- Congress of Aboriginal People—representing the interests of Aboriginal People living off-reserve
- Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami (ITK)—national Inuit organization in Canada, representing 4 Inuit regions – Nunatsiavut (Labrador), Nunavik (northern Quebec), Nunavut, and the Inuvialuit Settlement Region in the Northwest Territories
- Métis National Council—representing the Métis Nation nationally and internationally
- Métis Nation of Alberta—representing Métis people in Alberta
- Métis Settlements General Council—representing the only collectively held land-based Métis in Canada
- Native Women’s Association of Canada—promoting the well-being of Aboriginal women nationally and internationally
- Treaty 7 Management Corporation—an advisory organization for the First Nations of Treaty 7
- Treaty 8 First Nations of Alberta—representing the First Nations of Treaty 8.
Was this page useful?