If you provide guidance to youth on their own, who've received children's services status or been in care, explore these government and community resources.
The following links provide resources for youth Counsellors, Educators and others who may be providing guidance to youth transitioning to career, learning and work.
- Alberta Works—employment and training programs
- Child Sexual Exploitation—information and resources
- Income Support Contact Centre—phone numbers, email and street addresses for local access
- Young Workers—employment standards and health and safety information
- Office of the Child and Youth Advocate of Alberta—representing the rights, interests and viewpoints of Alberta children and youth receiving intervention services or involved with the youth criminal justice system
- Action Coalition on Human Trafficking in Alberta—ACT—services for victims, including child and youth prostitution, public awareness and training for service providers
- Alberta Food Banks Network—food bank locations provincewide
- Boys and Girls Clubs in Alberta—provincewide directory of programs
- Canadian Mental Health Association Alberta Division—for resources and a local branch directory
- Centre to End All Sexual Exploitation (CEASE)—support, counselling and recovery for victims of sexual exploitation, including child and youth prostitution
- John Howard Society of Alberta Directory—programs for Alberta youth with a crime prevention focus
- McMan Youth, Family and Community Services Association—social service programs provincewide
- Find a Shelter: 18 and older—provincewide directory
For additional resources in your community
- call 2-1-1
- visit InformAlberta
- Calgary Child and Youth Guide and Street Survival Guide—contact information for programs and services
- Career Options Magazine - a student resource that includes a broad range of perspectives on career exploration, job searching, industry profiles, co-op and internships, & much more!
- Children at Risk—introduction to the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act
- 211 Resource Lists: Resources for Youth and Young Adults at Risk—contact information for programs and services
- Edmonton Inter-Agency Youth Services Association (EIYSA). Directory of Youth Services 2011—available from firstname.lastname@example.org
- What Works: Youth—guide to strength-based career counselling for youth