Get expert answers.
Get advice and referrals about your career, education and employment options in Alberta from Career Advisors at the Alberta Career Information Hotline by:
- Questions can be sent directly to a Career Advisor
- Phone Monday to Friday 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Toll-free (within Canada) 1-800-661-3753
In Edmonton 780-422-4266
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Hotline Advisors can help you find information to:
- determine your career interests
- clarify, change or create a career path
- find your aptitudes
- be competitive in today’s labour market
- explore career options.
Hotline Advisors can help you learn about occupations, including:
- working conditions
- skills required
- education and training requirements
- employment outlook
- general salary ranges.
Hotline Advisors can help you learn about education choices, such as:
- full-time schooling
- part-time courses
- distance learning opportunities
- certificates, diplomas, degrees
- colleges and universities
- technical schools
Hotline Advisors can help you learn about student funding and where to apply for:
Job Search Skills
Hotline Advisors can help you with tips on how to search for a job, such as:
- preparing a cover letter
- compiling a reference list
- marketing yourself
- preparing for interviews
- find work opportunities
- writing a resumé
This information service is part of Alberta Community and Social Services.