When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Nursing: Collaborative Baccalaureate Nursing - After Degree
Program Type University Transfer
Credential Type Non-Credential
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- Human Anatomy (with laboratory component) and Physiology, six credit hours
- Microbiology, three credit hours
- Statistics, three credit hours
- Fine arts and humanities courses, six credit hours
- Social science courses, six credit hours.
Practicum Experience Requirements: This program has a required Practicum Based Experience (PBE) component. The College dictates the legal terms and conditions governing the PBE. Students must meet and maintain certain requirements to participate in the PBE setting as determined by programs, practice agencies and/or legislated by government bodies. These may include:
- Health (e.g. immunizations, screening tests, etc.)
- Privacy and security (e.g. police information check, IT access, etc.)
- OH&S requirements (e.g. CPR certification, Fire Safety, WHMIS, Mask Fit-testing, etc.)
- Immunization: As a post-secondary health care program in Alberta, provincial immunization standards apply to students in this program. As per the provincial “Standard for Immunization of Post-Secondary Health Care Students and Students in Other High-Risk Occupational Programs, January 1, 2015,” all Post-Secondary Institutions (PSI) have the responsibility of assessing the immunization status of each healthcare student at the time of initial enrollment and to ensure all healthcare students are fully immunized before leaving post-secondary programs. There may be a fee for this assessment. Additional fees may apply to become fully immunized.
- Workers’ Compensation Board (WCB) coverage: PBE placement agencies and employers usually require WCB coverage on behalf of the student. Students enrolled in post-secondary institutions in Alberta are deemed to be employees of the Province of Alberta and, as such, provided WCB coverage. In certain instances for students outside of Alberta, WCB coverage may not be provided (e.g. non-Alberta residents taking a course solely through distance learning with a PBE placement outside of Alberta). These students are advised to contact the program prior to application.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Student Aid Alberta for the funding year 2018/08/01 to 2019/07/31*.
Tuition $3,672.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $3,247.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $932.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Student Aid Alberta and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 12, 2017. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.