When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Diploma of Applied Psychology and Couns
Program Type Occupational
Credential Type Diploma
Length 1 Year or Less
1 year (contact school)
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Only
- Adult Student Status (19 years of age and in the work force for at least one year)
- Completion of the Counselling Aptitude Assessment (CAA).
- Letter of recommendation from an attending specialist if required.
- Admissions interview with the Registrar in-person or by phone.
- Signed agreement with confidentiality and participation policies
- Proof of funding
- Criminal record check
An undergraduate degree is required for specializations in Counselling Therapy and Psychotherapy
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 19, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.