Finding the right job after graduation might mean that you need to think outside the box, broaden your network or accept a job working in a related field to gain more experience.
Here are a few ideas to help get you going in the right direction:
- Do volunteer work to develop skills that you can transfer to other jobs.
- Stop by campus career services - they may help recent graduates find work or volunteer positions.
- Do an information interview to learn more about a company or the types of jobs that are available within an organization.
- Look into apprenticeship opportunities, which combine work experience, on-the-job and technical training.
- Go to a career fair where you can build contacts and conduct information interviews.
- Try networking. 70% of jobs are filled by people who heard about them through networking.
Your Questions Matter
A career services staff will review it and respond via email. If it's something that can help others look for work, explore careers or succeed on the job, a version of your question and answer may even be added to the site.
Your privacy is important. If your question is published to alis, your identity will remain anonymous. Your email address and any other personally identifiable information will not be posted to the site.