Financial assistance and programs through Alberta Works
To find out if you are eligible for employment and training grants, visit Alberta Supports Employment and Training Services Directory. Alberta Works also offers a wide range of training programs. You may be eligible programs like the ones described below.
This Alberta Works program offers full-time and part-time training in the following areas:
- basic skills training
- academic upgrading
- English as a Second Language
Training for Work
This Alberta Works program offers full-time and part-time programs in the following areas:
- The Aboriginal Training to Employment partnership helps First Nations people participate in training programs.
- Alberta Job Corps training helps people who have had difficulty getting or keeping a job.
- Integrated training combines academic, employability and occupation–related skills.
- Occupational training provides occupation–specific training that may include work experience.
- Self–employment training provides coaching and instruction on business plan development.
- Transitional vocational training helps people with developmental disabilities find employment.
- Workplace training is provided by employers on their work sites.
Financial assistance for apprentices
Registered apprentices attending the technical training portion of their program may be eligible for financial assistance. For complete information, visit the Tradesecrets website.