To find a career that fits you, you need to know about yourself. Self-assessment identifies what’s important to you. It’s the first step towards making effective career decisions.
Self-assessment helps you identify four important things:
- Who you are
- What you do best
- What people and places (environments) give you energy
- What motivates you
Knowing these things about yourself provides a foundation for your career.
Get started now
Use CAREERinsite, alis's free interactive career planning tool to explore options, discover your interests, abilities and skills, identify your values and multiple intelligences—and more.
Check out these resources too:
- Understand your abilities and interests
- Discover your personality type
- “Know Yourself” in CAREERinsite (in-depth self-assessment)
- Visit Career Cruising (available through many local Alberta Works/Alberta Supports Centres or high schools)
Ask these questions when reviewing your results:
- On the self-assessment quizzes you did, what were the top three results ?
- Do similar findings keep coming up?
- Are the results realistic for you?