Taking a few minutes to learn about your skills and abilities might help you in choosing the right education path to achieve your career goals.
Software Development Post-diploma Certificate
Bow Valley Collegewww.bowvalleycollege.ca
Program Type Post-Diploma
Credential Type Certificate
Length 1 Year or Less
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
• Diploma or degree
• Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 or equivalent
• Previous education or work experience is recommended in a technical field such as Information Technologies, Systems Administration, Database Administration, or Web Design/Development
• Strong knowledge of personal computers, including general business applications and navigating the internet, is expected
• A commitment of time and energy, for this highly intensive program
• A pre-term preparatory course may be recommended for learners who require technical foundation training prior to starting the program
English Language Proficiency Requirements:
In addition to academic requirements, applicants whose first language is not English must demonstrate one of the following:
- IELTS score of 6 with minimum band score of 5.5
- TOEFL score of 83
- BVC Academic English 2 with a grade of “B-”
- Canadian Language Benchmarks score of 8 in each strand
- Successful completion of an Alberta Education English Language Arts course that is consistent with the specified academic admission requirements for the Career Program
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of three years of full-time secondary education at a school where English was the language of instruction
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of one year of full-time post-secondary education at a school where English was the language of instruction
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated July 07, 2017. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.