When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Bachelor of Applied Science: Environmental Management Monitoring/Environmental Protection
At Lakeland College, students take charge of their future and become leaders today through career-relevant, industry-driven programming and experiential learning opportunities.
Students take the lead through student-managed enterprises, events and experiences. For example, they put theory into action on the Student-Managed Farm – Powered by New Holland where they manage crop and livestock enterprises, battle realistic fire simulations at the Emergency Training Centre, run an award-winning play program for children, rebuild cars, manage a campus spa and salon, and more!
Through these student-managed opportunities, our students learn how to think critically and creatively while also developing leadership, teamwork, and communication skills.
Lakeland offers 50-plus programs and serves more than 7,000 credit and non-credit students every year at our campuses in Vermilion and Lloydminster, and through online and off-site delivery.
Programming areas include agricultural sciences, business, energy, environmental sciences, fire and emergency services, health and wellness, human services, interior design technology, trades and technology, and university transfer. Lakeland’s Research Centre is a test-bed for innovations in agriculture, energy, and environmental sciences.
This is Lakeland. Leading. Learning. Since 1913.
Learn more at lakelandcollege.ca
Campuses: Vermilion, Lloydminster
Program Type Applied
Credential Type Degree
Length 4 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
Graduates of the following two-year diploma programs with Inorganic and Organic Chemistry, Introductory Soil Science, and Statistics may be eligible for direct entry.
- Lakeland College • Environmental Science Diplomas (all majors)
- Assiniboine Community College • Land and Water Management
- Lethbridge College • Environmental Assessment and Restoration
- Loyalist College (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Technician • Environmental Technologist
- Medicine Hat College (entry to MEP major) • Reclamation Technology
- Mohawk College (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Technician
- NAIT (entry to MEP major) • Biological Sciences Technology - Environmental Sciences (MEP or RR) - Renewable Resources (MEP) (RR grads of 2014 and beyond)
- Niagara College (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Technician
- Olds College • Land Water Resources - Land Reclamation - Environmental Stewardship (Chemistry 200, 1020, EVS 2400, AGN 2420 and Statistics (AGRN 410) are required)
- Portage College (entry to MEP major) • Natural Resource Technology
- Fleming College (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Technology
- Selkirk College (entry to MEP major) • Integrated Resource Technology
- SAIT Polytechnic (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Technology
- SIAST (entry to MEP major) • Environmental Engineering Technology • Integrated Resources Management (organic and inorganic chemistry required) • Water Resources Engineering Technology
Applicants with a minimum GPA of 2.3 and a diploma or degree in a related specialization may also be eligible. All applicants must have college/university level:
- Inorganic and Organic Chemistry
- Introductory Soil Science
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated September 03, 2019. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.