When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Bachelor of Applied Technology Petroleum Engineering
Southern Alberta Institute of Technologywww.sait.ca
Office of the Registrar
1301 16 Avenue NW
Calgary, Alberta, T2M0L4, Canada
Program Type Applied
Credential Type Degree
Length 4 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Available
- A two-year SAIT diploma in Petroleum Engineering Technology, Chemical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Instrumentation Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering Technology, or similar engineering technology, with a grade point average of 2.5 or better is the normal entrance requirement.
- University graduates holding relevant science (mathematics, physics, chemistry, geology, or geophysics) or engineering degrees are accepted. Additional courses may be required before starting the program. Applicants with other qualifications may be considered upon submission of certified background information.
- A transcript of marks for all post-secondary courses or programs is required for all applicants and must be submitted to Office of the Registar at the time of application. Foreign documents need to be assessed by either World Education Services (WES) or SAIT’s International Document Assessment. Registration in a Canadian Professional Engineering or a Certified Technologist organization can be substituted for the WES or SAIT assessments, subject to academic chair approval.
- All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
Some courses are also available by distance delivery.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated June 20, 2022. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.