When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Bachelor of Arts 3 Yr General Studies
St. Mary's Universitywww.stmu.ca
St. Mary's University is a Catholic, student-focused liberal arts and sciences teaching and research post-secondary institution open to students of all faiths and traditions. Through the synthesis of faith and reason, the University invites and challenges all individuals of the community to become compassionate, thoughtful and resourceful members of society. Members of St. Mary's University community strive to provide the most intellectually stimulating learning environment possible. !span>
St. Mary's offers the following programs of study:
- Bachelor of Education (Elementary and Secondary)!span>
- Bachelor of Arts in English (3 or 4 year)!span>
- Bachelor of Arts in General Studies (3 year)!span>
- Bachelor of Arts in History (3 or 4 year)!span>
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies (4 year)!span>
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (3 or 4 year)!span>
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Justice and Catholic Studies (4 year)!span>
- Bachelor of Science in Biology (4 year)!span>
- Certificate in Catholic Educational Leadership!span>
- Diploma in Religious Education!span>
- Diploma in Ministry!span>
St. Mary's also offers university transfer courses in business, management and the sciences. A sense of community is a defining characteristic of the University. Students have the opportunity to participate in campus ministry, campus recreation, wellness programs, social justice initiatives and athletics programs. The campus is located adjacent to Fish Creek Provincial Park in south Calgary and is easily accessed by public transportation. Campus tours can be arranged at any time of the year through the Enrolment Services Office.!span>
Program Type Bachelor's
Credential Type Degree
Length 3 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- English Language Arts 30-1 or higher
- Mathematics 30-1 or Pure Mathematics 30, a 30 level language other than English, or Mathematics 30-2 or Applied Mathematics 30
- One course from Group A or B (see below)
- One course from Group A or B (see below)
- Once course from Group A, B, C or D (see below)
!div> Group B!div> Mathematics 30-2 or Applied Mathematics 30, Biology 30, Chemistry 30, Mathematics 31, Physics 30, Mathematics 30-1 or Pure Mathematics 30 or Science 30.
!div> Group C!div> Art 30, Art 31, Drama 30, Music 30, Music 31 or Music 35
!div> Group D!div> One 5-credit or two 3-credit subjects at the 30 level (excluding Special Projects 30) or 5 credits of advanced series courses in Career and Technology Studies or Social Studies 30-2
!div> Mature Standing!div> Applicants must have at least 65% in English 30-1 or equivalent.!div> !div> !div>
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2022/08/01 to 2023/07/31*.
Tuition $8,340.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $2,000.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,560.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated June 29, 2021. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.