When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Bachelor of Music
Ambrose University offers an education that is unique and personable. As an institution, we offer not only higher learning but cultivate a higher purpose as well. Ambrose understands that wisdom and belonging are just as important as knowledge and we offer this learning in a uniquely welcoming and nurturing Christian environment. As a result, graduates leave, not only with a degree, but having gone through a rich academic experience and having developed a better-shaped view of life. They leave, believing in something bigger than themselves, and a desire to contribute meaningfully to the world. This outlook doesn't just make graduates better job candidates, but better people, partners, parents, friends, and citizens that strive to make the world better.
- 40-acre campus including Academic Centre, Residence, Library, Gymnasium and Residence and Education Centre
- One-on-one interaction with professors and peers, in diverse classroom settings, averaging 18 students
- Over 920 students enrolled
- ACAC varsity athletics in basketball, volleyball, and soccer
- Rigorous academic programs relevant to today's employers and tomorrow's careers
- Opportunities to grow academically and spiritually, through service learning practicums and internships, offered both locally and internationally
Program Type Bachelor's
Credential Type Degree
Length 4 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
In addition to meeting basic requirements, to gain admission you must:
- Satisfy the Advanced Rudiments (RCM) Requirement (70% minimum grade)
- Pass an entrance audtion in your chosen instrument
For your audition, prepare 10-12 minutes of music with varying styles represented. Audtioning in person is the preferred route, but a recorded audition will be accepted if you live a considerable distance outside of Calgary. Please contact the music department for further information.
Minimum entrance proficiency:
- Piano - be prepared to begin Grade Nine level work
- Voice - demonstrate strong vocal potential. Formal vocal training is encouraged though not required.
- Guitar - demonstrate a strong, basic guitar skill. Performance is assessed on a case by case basis, and both jazz and classical instruction is available at Ambrose.
- Strings, Brass, Woodwinds, Percussion - be prepared to work at a Grade Eight RCM or higher level
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2021/08/01 to 2022/07/31*.
Tuition $12,600.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,200.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $810.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated October 07, 2021. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.