When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
There was an error. Please try again.
This page is already listed in your guide. Please choose a different page to add.
Business Aviation Airline Operations
Office of the Registrar
8115 Franklin Avenue
Fort McMurray, Alberta, T9H2H7, Canada
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
High School Diploma, or equivalent, with a minimum of:
- 50% (C-) in Math 30-1 or 55% (C-) in Math 30-2 and
- 60% (C-) in English 30/30-1 or 65% (C-) in English 33/30-2
Mature Students (students who are 21 years or older) may be admitted by:
- The completion of the above Math and English courses (with the grades specified) OR
- Pass mark on the College Entrance Test (Contact the Office of the Registrar at 780-791-4801 to arrange to write this exam) OR
English Language Proficiency
- TOEFL: iBT – minimum score of 79 with no score below 19
- IELTS – minimum score of 6.0
- CAEL – minimum score of 60
- MELAB – minimum score of 80
Spoken Language Proficiency Requirement:
In addition to demonstrating English Language Proficiency, applicants whose first language is not English must also present Spoken Language Proficiency. Applicants who have six or more years of full-time education (including grade 12 year or higher) in a Canadian school where the language of instruction was English, meet this requirement. If applicants do not present these years of English education, they can meet this requirement by presenting one of the following:
- A minimum of 26 on the speaking band of the TOEFL: iBT
- A minimum of 7.5 on the IELTS speaking band
Transport Canada Medical Examination 1 – for aviation / flying component.
Canadian Indigenous Applicants:
Two positions per year are made available in the Business Aviation Diploma Program for qualified Canadian Indigenous applicants. If qualified Canadian Indigenous applicants are not admitted by May 30, the positions may be filled with students of non-Indigenous ancestry.
Recommended: It is strongly recommended that students complete a ‘Discovery Flight’ or equivalent, prior to admission to ensure flight tolerance.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2022/08/01 to 2023/07/31*.
Tuition $16,879.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $406.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments N/A Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated November 24, 2020. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.