When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Bow Valley Collegewww.bowvalleycollege.ca
Program Type Standard
Credential Type Diploma
Length 2 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
- Credit in English 30-1 or a minimum of 65% in English 30-2 or equivalent
- Successful completion of the General Education Development test (GED) with a standard score of 520 in Language Arts: Reading and Writing
- Satisfactory results on the Bow Valley College Admissions Test
In addition to academic requirements, applicants whose first language is NOT English must demonstrate ONE of the following:
- IELTS score of 6 with minimum band score of 6.0
- TOEFL score of 83
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) A of 59-64
- BVC Academic English 2 with a grade of ‘B-’
- Canadian Language Benchmarks score of 8 in each strand (listening, speaking, reading, writing)
- Successful completion of an Alberta Education English Language Arts course that is consistent with the specified academic admission requirements for the Career Program
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of three years of full-time secondary education at a school where English was the language of instruction
- Transcripts demonstrating successful completion of one year of full-time post-secondary education at a school where English was the language of instruction
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2021/08/01 to 2022/07/31*.
Tuition $8,010.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $1,650.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $666.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated June 25, 2021. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.