When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Doctor in Social Sciences Doctorate in Social Sciences
Program Type Doctoral
Credential Type Degree
Length 4 Year(s)
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning Only
Students must have the following:
- Master’s degree in one of the Social Sciences, or related field, normally required;
- Evidence of experience related to the degree program. Normally a minimum of 10 years with senior level decision-making authority.
- A competitive, interdisciplinary, applied research proposal that reflects current research foci in the Faculty of Social and Applied Sciences at Royal Roads University
- English language skills and competency.
For applicants whose primary language is not English, competency can be demonstrated in one of the following ways
- Submission of official English language proficiency scores
- Graduation from college or university at which English was the primary language of instruction in an English-speaking country
- Completion of a pathway program through the Global Learning and Language Centre (GLLC) at Royal Roads.
Additional information on these options is available on the school website.
Online with short on-campus residencies, see website for details or email email@example.com
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated February 16, 2021. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.