When you know yourself, you can plan your career and education based on what's important to you: your interests, abilities, values and experiences.
Doctor of Business Administration Business Administration.
University of Calgarywww.ucalgary.ca
Program Type Doctoral
Credential Type Degree
Length 4 Years
- Part Time Only
- Cooperative Education
- Continuing Education
- Distance Learning
In addition to the Faculty of Graduate Studies requirements for Admission, the program requires:
- At least 10 years of management experience, including seven years at the senior management or executive level, or at least five years' experience as lecturer/instructor in a relevant field in a college or university program.
- A post-baccalaureate degree (e.g., MBA or relevant business-focused Master's degree) from a recognized institution with a minimum grade point average of 3.50 on a four-point scale. Students presenting credentials in an area other than business may be required to complete a qualifying period to gain a general business background before beginning the regular doctoral course requirements.
- Students who do not present an MBA or other master's degree from a recognized postsecondary institution may be considered for admission. Exceptional candidates with a four-year bachelor's degree (i.e., a GPA of 3.50 or higher) who have substantial managerial experience will also be considered. Consult the DBA Program Director for further information.
- For those students required to prove proficiency in English, a minimum Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 600 (paper-based test), or 105 (Internet-based test), or an International English Language Testing System (IELTS, academic version) score of 7.5, or a Michigan English Language Battery (MELAB) score of 86, or a Pearson Test of English (PTE) score of 75. This requirement can also be met by completing Tier III of the International Foundations Program with a minimum grade of "A" on Academic Writing & Grammar III, "A" on Reading Comprehension & Proficiency III, and "A" on Listening Comprehension & Oral Fluency III.
- Current CV.
- Three reference letters from professionals or academics who are knowledgeable about the applicant's career. References from personal friends or relatives will not be accepted.
- A personal statement outlining objectives, intent and commitment to a research program (2 pages).
- Availability of a research-active supervisor and resources for the area in which the student wishes to study.
This program is eligible for full-time post-secondary assistance by Alberta Student Aid for the funding year 2021/08/01 to 2022/07/31*.
Tuition $30,000.00 Year One
Books/Supplies/Instruments $4,248.00 Year One
Mandatory Fees $1,932.00 Year One
* Tuition, books, supplies, instruments, and other/mandatory fees are provided to Alberta Student Aid and may be used when processing full-time post-secondary funding applications. The educational costs provided are based on a 100% full-course load and may not reflect current or all educational costs charged by the school. Contact the school to obtain accurate educational cost information.
Search Transfer Alberta for course and program transfer information including transfer agreements between post-secondary schools in Alberta, British Columbia, Northwest Territories, Nunavut and Yukon.
Transfer(s) available outside of Transfer Alberta: Not available
Updated July 26, 2019. The information contained in this profile is current as of the date shown.
Educational program information is provided as an introduction and for general reference. For current information about programs and school requirements or policies, check the school calendar, visit their website or contact the school directly.
The Government of Alberta is working in partnership with the Government of Canada to provide employment support programs and services.